Need to help with dimension and changes- need to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2, but no. 3

• Last Post 2 weeks ago
Georgiro1 posted this 13 August 2019

peteroznewman posted this 2 days ago

In the video above, I started with your file, the one you attached here. So watch the video a few times, noting every step along the way and you should be able to reproduce the end result.

Fine, I am not able to understand it at all. What shall I will doing I have no idea at all!!

So now I can see that you click on the circle of the in the future possible hole you will do it and it will work, I have to try to do it. Thanks

And unfrortunately, I am doing it again it is absolutely wrong, because the volueme is corrected in to hole, but it                     

And also I do not knwo how to create a basic solid of the structure at all should be empty! And does not know what to do with it at all!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
peteroznewman posted this 14 August 2019

I recommend watching and then practicing the models that are built in the SpaceClaim tutorials on this site.

If you have a 2D drawing with dimensions of the part you want to make into a solid model, I can record a video of that.

Georgiro1 posted this 14 August 2019

Yes, I still have the real part necessary to produce it, so I will make a photo and dimensions necessary. Thanks a lot. I will have to wait, because tomorrow I will be going outside, but at the latest on Friday I will give it to you. Thanks

Georgiro1 posted this 3 weeks ago

Hmmm, no response for not certain reason, what a shame...thanks...

peteroznewman posted this 3 weeks ago

I'm waiting on you Jiri. You said you would provide a photo of the part and dimensions on a sketch so I can make a video for you, but I got no response. I assumed that you watched enough tutorials to figure it out on your own but apparently that is not the case. I'm still able to make the video, but I don't know the shape of the whole part.

So fine, I will make a photo - physical photo and send it to you, I did not know that this is the problem - sorry!!!

Jiri

So I am puting the part as the photo and you can see the mm measure above and if you need any details, I will measure other parts needed. And quite reasonable, it is an oil pump of the motorbike - the best at this time in the world and 4 stroke. And also quite important to say that I managed to change the dimension in small length, but only one and I am not able to do it for the second one, which is quite surprising for me! Thanks a lot. Jiri

See here I have done, but one is not possible to do there and I do not why?

The 27.0 and impossible to change the 27.2? And also I am putting here my model for you to try it! Thanks for your ideas! Jiri

Attached Files

Thanks a lot Peteroznewman, this was amazing and it works very well, without any problem, just to see what to do and no problem!!!

And now I have a serious problem since now I realized that I have to change the dimension from 27 mm to 32 mm and having the same problem and again I am not able to do it? So would you have a good guess what to do with it? Thanks

Ahhh, now I am having another problem, which is basically the same, however I need to change the dimension of 27,2 mm now to 32,0 mm, which is to be correct value, but again I do not know how to change the dimension, since I have the star to change the dimension, but it does not work at all. So this problem is the major problem I have with this software at all! Unfortunately.

Jiri

But I am also giving you the model and again do have a problem to change the angle from 34,8 deg to 35 deg. Impossible, again, again and again...

Thanks a lot for your help

Attached Files

Georgiro1 posted this 2 weeks ago

Hello Peteroznewman, 

apart from the fact that you have done I have also realized, that I have to delete the three holes, because they have certain badly done bevels on the edges and have not circular shape as I can see and can you tell me how can I delete the three holes? Thanks, it is a bit stupid, but I have to ask. And also I have a problem that the star has to appear somehow, but I do not know how - so the biggest question is how to do to appear the star to change the dimension at all. Thanks

Jiri

Attached Files

Or it is also possible to use the model I have put it here, but before and use it without these changes of the not-circular-holes...Hmmm No, I have checked it and it has again the same problem with the non-circular shame of the hole...unfortunately...only the first one, that was not the solid and needs again to be changed... No again, it also has it, so I cannot be able to do it!!! Just to delete the holes...

rwoolhou posted this 2 weeks ago

To delete the holes pick the annular face (ie the face that makes up the side of the hole) and press "delete" on the keyboard. 

Thanks a lot, this was absolutely usefull, so now I have already 3 another circles prepared and will do now the 3 tubes. And now has been done! Thanks

Fine, I managed to change the distances of the holes, however I still do not know how to know if I need to change it, it was done by a chance! So if you know how to do it, it would really help me a lot, because this is the only problem I have to face at lot! Thanks Jiri

Close