Need to help with dimension and changes, since it seems I am not able to do diff. in SpaceClaim 19.2

• Last Post 9 hours ago
  • Topic Is Solved
Georgiro1 posted this 15 June 2019

Hello, I need to help with the dimension and their changes, since it seems I am not able to change the dimension of length in the picture I show you! And of course I know how to get the dimension with the star, but it does not work and I try all possible lengths, but it does not allow me to change anything at all. And this is absolutely critical and I am trying to do with this for one month and nothing!!! Absolutely poor!

Please have a look at the picture and you will see what the problem is and tell me! Thanks. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

And the point is for example that I need to change the R=3.36mm to D=6.15mm, but it does not work and I have been trying this change of so many lengths, but it is not possible. So can you tell me what to start to do in order to be able to do it! Thanks

rwoolhou posted this 17 June 2019

Can you Pull the face that forms that feature? You'll need to work out how far to get the new diameter (radius). 

Georgiro1 posted this 17 June 2019

The depth is less than L=<90 mm, but what do you mean by pull - I have no idea. So basically I just in general need to change the diamater well, but it does not work and I can see the start to change it, but it does not work. So what shall I be doing in this way and I can spend hours and hours to change it and it does not work at all! This is the problem. Thanks

So what do you want me to pull? I have no idea. Thanks

I only and only need a simple way to order to change the dimension on the star value! It does not work and I do with with so many visibility - the position of the start, i. e. from different visibility of starts! Just impossible at all! Thanks

rwoolhou posted this 17 June 2019

It's a SpaceClaim function  

which you need to alter the geometry. Those dimensions look like a CAD dimension overlay, not what I'd expect to just type a new number into. 

So as I said this before, the whole problem is to make the difference of the size, so I had e. g. length of xx mm and need to change it to something different, however it is not possible to change it at all and I am looking the the star dimension and it is not possible to change it. So are you able to do it this way?

And obviously I can do an exaple and change it and tell me how do you have to do it! It si absolutely not possible to change it at all!!!

And also is the need to give you a fine, but I do not know how to give you my file, so that you can do certain changes to do I would like to change them!

Thanks

Jiri

So the first text I have given here also has the model, so you can tell me how to change it If I need to change it. I have a huge problem with this issue. Thanks

And please also explain me how shall I put the face that form the feature, because I do not understand it at all. Thanks

rwoolhou posted this 18 June 2019

As we have mentioned before: staff are NOT allowed to download files. We are also not allowed to give detailed instructions. We are here to help & guide you need to go through the tutorials and learn. How did you generate the CAD? 

peteroznewman posted this 18 June 2019

I opened the attachment and found there is no solid body, just a collection of surface bodies.

I suggest you start over with a new file. As you make each sketch of a profile to Pull into a solid, keep checking the Structure tab to make sure you maintain a solid body.

• Liked by
  • Georgiro1
  • Jackely
Georgiro1 posted this 18 June 2019

Ah, I did not know that I have this amazing problem, however how can I do a solid. So it means that I have no idea, so if you can give me a help a bit, it will start to work! Thanks a lot!!!

Ah, I did not know that I have this amazing problem, however how can I do a solid. So it means that I have no idea, so if you can give me a help a bit, it will start to work! Thanks a lot!!!

I think I made it as resolved, but it is not resolved, because I still do not know what to do in order to make the solution as solid object! Thanks Peteroznewman a lot!

Try this:

OK, than I will have to do it, the only difference is that I am creating the solid, but do not know how to create the solid, so if you give me certain guides, this would help me a lot. Thanks

Or how to do it, If I have the non-solid model created, what to do in order to have it as solid! Thanks

So easily how to create a solid body? Thanks

If you have a set of connected (or mostly connected) faces with a few holes running the Repair tools will highlight where the problems are & will try and fix them. What happens if you follow the process shown in the video?

I have not managed to made it, unfortunately...

rwoolhou posted this 19 June 2019

OK, but what have you made?

Georgiro1 posted this 19 June 2019

So here I have managed to change the item from surface to the volume, however I have a huge problem to change the distance of the small holes of the value 27,2 mm and I need to change it to the value of 31,00 mm and I know how to have it with the star, but still it is impossible to change it. So do you know what is the problem in this case and of course in general! Thanks, because I am a bit confused.

Jiri

rwoolhou posted this 20 June 2019

OK, I assume you're trying to change the dimension and not the actual geometry. That won't work: the dimensions are an annotation rather than a controlling feature.  You need to use pull etc (as in the videos) on the volume to change the sizes. 

It may help to untick the "Annotation Plane" in the tree so you're not getting confused by the labels.  

As an aside, please can you post the first 10-15 lines of the licence file: I wonder if there's a feature causing some of the issues (there are several "flavours" of SpaceClaim licence). 

Georgiro1 posted this 20 June 2019

So I think I do not understand exactly what do you mean? Why are you saying dimension and not the actual geometry? But you know that I change the dimension only with the star icon! Thanks

So how can I think of the dimension that I want to change and that are possible to change - I am a bit confused! Thanks

So basically I need to change the radius of 27.2 to 32 mm and I would say this must be absolutely easy, but it is not and I do not know why! Thanks

rwoolhou posted this 20 June 2019

You change the geometry using Pull etc, this will update the radius dimension when it's done. 

So can you tell me certain detail, since when I change the e. g. length, it does not change it, so what exactly shall I do? Thanks

And the point is that I already have the dimension done and I have to change it, but how? I have no idea. Thanks

Show More Posts
Close