I am trying to visualize the field distribution of standing wave in HFSS, but can't get it.
- The model is a simplest microstrip of 50 ohm. Two wave ports were appended to the endings and they are re-normalized to 500 ohm. Below picture is model together with field distribution of "ComplexMag_E", and the plane carrying field plot is in the middle of substrate;
- S21 exhibits filter effect as expected;
- My confusion is the field distribution is not standing wave pattern.
- The shade and color is basically even, but my expectation is gradual variation between red and blue;
- The pattern doesn't change, if I change the "Freq" setting. It is same regardless of Freq as 1GHz or 17.5GHz;
I suppose it is a very straight forward thing but it seems more complicated. Can anyone enlighten me?