Is Polyflow able to simulate the calendering process? Is there any tutorial to start with? I would like to simulate the calendering process then implement the rheology model and slip condition.
polymer processing- Calendering
- 22 Views
- Last Post 15 February 2019
Calendaring can be modeled using ANSYS Polyflow. Please refer to Example 21 "How to Use the Thomson Transformation?" in the Polyflow Examples which can be found on Polyflow documentation page:
Calendaring can also be potentially modeled by ANSYS Fluent or CFX if the material being pushed between the rolls can be assumed as a liquid which can be approximated by existing non-Newtonian viscosity models in Fluent or CFX.
A web search of "Calendaring ANSYS Fluent" will bring up a paper on the topic "Numerical Simulation of Heat Transfer Performance of Calender Roll Structure in Glass Calendering"
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type
- 4 Steel Structures Fire Test Simulation
- 5 Fatigue Analysis using History Data