Problem in FLUENT

• Last Post 3 weeks ago
  • Topic Is Solved
ashiadarsh posted this 18 December 2018

When I was trying to run the simulation on conjugate heat transfer problem solver is showing temperature is limited to certain cells in one domain...what could be problem? Is the problem with respect to boundary conditions or with the Mesh quality?

Adarsh

• Liked by
  • ibtissam
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
rwoolhou posted this 18 December 2018

Do you mean you're seeing a warning along the lines of "Temperature is limited to 1.000K in 1234 cells in volume 45" ?  This means the energy equation is struggling to converge: it could be poor quality cells, insufficient mesh resolution or nonphysical boundary conditions. Check the first two in the meshing tool. Check the latter in Fluent: if you're adding/removing energy in an area is there enough material to absorb or supply the heat? 

snr1 posted this 01 May 2019

Dear sir, in my case the skewness is limited to 0.3 and max aspect ratio is about 11. Also i cross checked the grid orthogonal quality which is 0.7. And my boundary conditions are also fine. But still i am getting tempeature limited to 5000K in 465 cells. How to resolve further. I am using SST k-w turbulence model with VOF formulation (Evaporation-condensation model). Kindly help me

• Liked by
  • zaqureshi
ashiadarsh posted this 19 December 2018

Is there any limit for aspect ratio?Some of the cells my aspect ratio is above 1000...

rwoolhou posted this 19 December 2018

Yes and no. I tend to keep aspect ratio below about 5 (ideally 2) for normal flow systems and conduction problems. If the flow is aligned with the cell then the lengthways aspect ratio can exceed 100: this often occurs in inflation layers. 

Depending on your cell type can you also check skewness? If it's over about 0.9 then please have a look at the geometry in that area and remesh. 

zaqureshi posted this 3 weeks ago

Hi snr1. I am facing same problem in my mesh during a phase change problem. Temp is limited to 10K. Can u help me I feel it's the mesh, because min ortho quality is 0.2 and max skewness is 0.97. Boundary conditions seem fine. Can I contact u on email, if u provide.

Close