Problem to create a geometry in Ansys 19.0 and I do not know for which reason!

• Last Post yesterday
Georgiro posted this 2 weeks ago

Do you have an idea how to do it working properly? I do a point when creating a line, it is fine, but when I want to finish or make a second point to create a line, I cannot to finish it, it just does not accept the point, it does not do anything at all. So if you have a idea to change it, it would be great. Thanks

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes

I just basically am not able to create a line or anything where I have to click, it does not accept it! Thanks for your ideas!

peteroznewman posted this 2 weeks ago

Are you trying to create the line in DesignModeler or SpaceClaim?

Is tbere someone who could help me with this issue? Thanks

Please answer the question I posted above.

But now I made an attempt in Ansys 15.0.7 and I found out that I have the same problem and I am unable to create an object or line, just nothing. So I will need something basic, if you can help me. Thanks

How can I know this, can you tell me? Thanks

I used to work with 15.0.7 and it worked, but now not at all. So what shall I do? Thanks

If your machine when running 15.0 was pointed to a license server, then either the license server is down, or your machine is not able to communicate with the license server.  There are troubleshooting diagnostic tests that can be done.  ANSYS 15.0 only has one geometry editor and it is called DesignModeler.

In ANSYS 19.0 there are two Geometry editors. When you right click on a Geometry cell in the Workbench Project Schematic, you can see there are two choices. The default is SpaceClaim, but you may also choose DesignModeler.

However, you began asking about ANSYS 19.0.  Did you download the free ANSYS Student software, where the license is built-in? Or are you using a Research license where the license resides on a license server?

Please answer these questions to get further help.

Thanks for your ideas, I will try to make it working with the license.

Check that you can see an available license.  Using the Windows Start Menu, All Programs, ANSYS 19.0, ANSYS Client Licensing, Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility 19.0

When that opens, View Status/Diagnostic Options, Display the License Status

You should see a list that shows the type of licenses available. Your list might be different that mine. Below I show one of several lines.

Please reply with a screen snapshot of what you see.

Regards,
Peter

So it is absolutely true what have you said, so it is the license server issue. But I would like to do with it, but I do not know at all what to do, because it does not work for version 15.0.7 at all as well. So if you have an idea to do with it, just let me know. Thanks a lot.

Georgiro, you didn't show the screen snapshot of the License Status.  Do you know who manages that license server?

Do you want to get the full license working or do you want to use the limited Student license?

If you want to build a model with the limits of bodies<50, faces<300 and nodes or elements<32,000 then you can download the free ANSYS Student 19.1 installation using the DOWNLOAD FREE SOFTWARE button at the top of this page.  It has a built-in license and you don't have to connect with your old license server. If you go this route, you must clean all the old ANSYS off your computer.

Let me know what direction you want to go.

Regards,
Peter

So I have checked the installation of the system 15.0.7 and 19.0 and it has been done as a license server, so everything well, but it is not working at all and I do not know. If you have any idea to tell me, just let me know. Thanks

Check that you can see an available license.  Using the Windows Start Menu, All Programs, ANSYS 19.0, ANSYS Client Licensing, Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility 19.0

When that opens, View Status/Diagnostic Options, Display the License Status

You should see a list that shows the type of licenses available. Your list might be different that mine. Below I show one of several lines.

Please reply with a screen snapshot of what you see.

Regards,
Peter

Georgiro posted this 2 days ago

Design Modeller

The absolutely serious problem is again to skatch a new model, because I change the dimensions, it change it, but it does not change the dimensions on the drawing - it does not change its lengths, etc. So it is not clear to me what to do with the drawing at all! Thanks The version is up to date. i. e. Ansys 19.2. Thanks

SandeepMedikonda posted this 2 days ago

Georgio,

Have you already tried clearing your appdata? If not please give that a try and post snapshots if you can?

Also, please see if this post helps?

Regards,
Sandeep
Best Practices to post on the Student Community

So in this case, I need to know, how to clear my data! Because not knowing this, I am not able to do it. Thanks for the detail.

Jiri

peteroznewman posted this yesterday

Close ANSYS Workbench, open Windows File Explorer and in the field at the top, type %appdata%\ansys and hit enter.

You will see a folder of the version you are using such as v191 and you will rename that folder to v191.old

Then you will start ANSYS and see if that has fixed the problem.

Close