Problem with generating a curve load against deflection graph (Reinforced concrete beam)
- 36 Views
- Last Post 13 July 2018
Didn't Peter already answer this in your previous discussion? If that didn't help, can you please give some more info on the exact error/problem that you are facing?
You can also do an eigenvalue analysis to determine this?
1) Yes, thanks to Peter in the previous discussion, I was able to generate the cracking of the beam. But I realized that I was not able to identify the ultimate load because the load is increasing together with the deflection. Theoretically, the load will start to decrease after reach the failure mode as shown in below figure.
2) Thank you for your suggestion using the eigenvalue analysis. If not mistaken, in this analysis, a gradually increasing load is applied to seek the load level at which the structure becomes unstable. May I know how to identify the unstable structure?
Thank you in advance and very sorry for the inconvenience.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- Site Feedback