02 March 2020
- Last edited 02 March 2020
i have tried to follow the instructions that you have given me for simulation.
here are some of the doubts that i have got.
1) what should be the material and thickness of surface to be formed on one of the surface of the specimen?( MECHANICAL asks for assigning both type of material and its thickness. i have assigned it structural steel with a thickness of 5mm ( randomly) . is it correct?)
2) how to mesh the surface? is there any method for it?
3) please check the figure below to say whether symmetry plane formation and creation of surface on one of the faces is correct or not? the height of specimen has been reduced to 25mm and length of the cross section has been reduced to 11mm)
4) I have also faced problem in setting frictional contact. but i have tried to do it. i have attached the figure below. please check it out.
5) i have applied displacement of 5mm as shown below. is it correct way?
6) my analysis settings below.
7) i have attached the force-displacement diagram below. i got it by plotting force reaction vs total deformation. the result is nowhere near the experimental data as posted to you earlier.
is the way of getting force-displacement curve i got above correct?if not how to get it?
8) i have attached the equivalent stress-strain curve below. it is a linear curve which is unexpected. i should have non linear region also. please check.
9) here is the material data that i have used. is there any mistake in it. i have used structural steel as a material for surface( as mentioned above). also i just copied the data from campusplastics website for multilinear isotropic hardening stress-strain table. is this correct?
10) i have got all this result without using any face sizing. because if i use face sizing the problem just does not get solved.
11) please see the solution information below. it is as per your instructions.
i know this is along post. i am sorry for that. but it is wise to clear as many doubts as possible in a single post.
PLEASE REPLY ASAP.