Solver

• Last Post 10 April 2019
Shravista posted this 05 April 2019

Hello,

I am trying to solve the nonlinear analysis in ansys student software(18.2). When I use commands to extract element stiffness matrix, I encounter with, " An unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver output on the solution information object for possible causes". This message is constantly displayed. When I have checked the solution information, it doesn't show any errors. But in the solution tab in the information section, it shows " solve required". Does this means something? I am attaching the screenshot of the same for the reference. Please look after the issue.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mrife posted this 05 April 2019

Shravista

Please show the solver ouput from the solution information object.  From your screen shot MAPDL was open for 21 seconds so there should be more information in the solution output.

Mike

• Liked by
  • Shravista
Shravista posted this 05 April 2019

ok, here is the solve.out file.solve.txt

SandeepMedikonda posted this 09 April 2019

Can you please search for errors in the solve.txt and post a snapshot?

Shravista posted this 10 April 2019

I have searched for the error before posting it here. That is what the problem I am encountered with during solving, stating that an unknown error has occurred and please check the solution output. But, there are no errors in that file. 

What I am actually trying to do is to extract element stiffness matrix from the WORKBENCH using commands. I am again trying to solve it in the ansys 19 R1. Hope to see the results soon.

These are the commands I am trying to use....

/solu

antype,substr

seopt,file,1,1

m,all,all

/output,elementStiffness

solve

/output

Close