The last couple months i tried to model a set of gears without a result.
Below you can see the procedure i followed and i have attached images for your better comprehension.
- Type: Frictionless
- Formulation: Augmented Lagrange
- Interface treatment: Adjust to touch
- Initial information about contact with contact tool: The contact status is open. This may be acceptable.
I inserted joint at each gear with joint rotation at pinion -40 degrees and joint moment at the gear -27000N*mm.
The problems i am facing are listed below:
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained. Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information.
- The unconverged solution (identified as Substep 999999) is output for analysis debug purposes. Results at this time should not be used for any other purpose.
- One or more bodies may be underconstrained and experiencing rigid body motion. Weak springs have been added to attain a solution. Refer to Troubleshooting in the Help System for more details.
- The number of divisions specified is unsuitable for sweeping. Check all the edges and faces along the sweeping path.
- The number of divisions specified for sweeping is unsuitable and has been ignored.