system coupling problem

• Last Post 04 March 2020
maryam posted this 21 February 2020

Hi,

I am working on the artery and solving Fsi modeling. I meshed solid wall in transient structural and fluid in fluent. after running system coupling i got excessive distortion error in solid part even if i improve mesh quality. 

When i meshed blood in ICEM and keep the solid mesh the same i did not get error and seem system coupling is running good. but the problem is that the system coupling graph is just showing transient structural and it does not show fluid graph. When i checked the result i have result of fluent and nothing for solid part. Another thing is that in system coupling solution the second column which represent target all values are zero.

If someone has any suggestion how i can solve this problem really appreciate it let me know.

Thanks,

Maryam

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
maryam posted this 28 February 2020

Nobody knows about this problem?

rwoolhou posted this 02 March 2020

If you're fixing the solid then you won't get deformation so you can't distort the mesh?  If the mesh is distorting too much, you need to work out why. 

maryam posted this 02 March 2020

Thank yo for the reply.

I fixed the inlet and outlets but again i got high distortion error.

to make sure that the problem is not the fixed support i even fixed the bifurcation but got the same result.

i tried to figure out wha the problem can be but unfortunately could not find answer yet.

rwoolhou posted this 04 March 2020

If you do a hand calc for hoop stress using the Fluent results how far does the solid bit want to move? 

Close