I am trying to do Transient 1-way FSI of Sloshing in ANSYS 18.
- For this, I am using Fluent to solve for the fluid domain. I have solved for 0.525 sec with a time-step of 0.005 sec. I have written the data files for every 5 time-steps i.e., 0.025 sec.
- Then using the CFX-macros 'CFX_FSI_IOWrite.cse", "CFX_FSI_IORead.cse" and "FSI_Transient_Export_Surf.cse", I have retrieved the fluid pressures that are acting on the fluid and tank interface at all nodes, at all the time steps. This data is stored in the form of ".sfe" and ".csv" format.
- Then I have added the Transient structural module to the project to identify the response of the tank walls for the fluid pressure acting upon them during sloshing. I am interested in accelerations of the tank wall. These accelerations I cannot identify through static structural analysis as shown in various tutorials.
- I used the External data module to give the fluid pressure loads at different time steps as input to the Transient structural module. I have followed the exact procedure as mentioned in ANSYS tutorials to add the data to the External data module and connecting it to the Transient structural module.
- I wanted to know the variation of tank wall acceleration for the total time i.e, 0.525 sec. The fluid pressure acting on the tank walls varies harmonically w.r.t time. But the accelerations are decaying to '0' w.r.t time, which should not be. Moreover, the magnitudes of acceleration are also coming to be very less, order 10^-3. Expected order is between 10^0 and10^1.
- I am thinking that the transient structural module is taking only the load at first time-step and solving for the entire time duration. Though it is showing that the load at all the time steps are loaded.
- I am encountering the following error while the simulation is going on..
I need help in resolving this issue.
Thanks in advance
PS: I have tried the Transient-FSI extension also and the scenario is the same with that too....