udf

• Last Post 21 January 2019
abd fs posted this 12 December 2018

Hello everyone!

when I want to use UDF for as an input condition of a turbulent flow with a model K-w SST  I received this message.

In your opinion how can I solve this problem ?

Error: The UDF library you are trying to load (C:\Users\TOSHIBA\Documents\moi\liuo_files\dp0\FFF\Fluent\libudf) is not compiled for 2ddp on the current platform (win64).\n\nLe chemin dÂ’accès spécifié est introuvable.

\n\nC:\Users\TOSHIBA\Documents\moi\liuo_files\dp0\FFF\Fluent\C:\Users\TOSHIBA\Documents\moi\liuo_files\dp0\FFF\Fluent\libudf\win64\2ddp\libudf.dll

Error Object: #f

Best regards,

SER

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
abenhadj posted this 12 December 2018

Do you have a compiler installed? If Yes try to compile at first from Standalone Fluent. 

If you have already compiled the UDF and loaded it then please unload first, compile it again and try again.

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 12 December 2018

Dear AMINE,

Thank you for sharing these information here.

what's this Standalone Fluent and how can I found this technique

If it is possible, can ou give me  an explain about the schema ?

Best regards,

SER

rwoolhou posted this 12 December 2018

Stand alone Fluent is launched from the Start menu in Windows and is nearly identical to the Workbench variant. The reason for testing the compiler there is it's easier to make sure the .c file is in the right place.  You will need a C compiler, and that compiler has to be configured. 

If it's just setting turbulence values you can probably interpret the code into Fluent. There are a few threads covering compilers on here, please have a look in 

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/ansys-19-0-visual-studio-intel-parallel-studio-xe-version-required-for-upfs/

As a starting point. 

abenhadj posted this 20 December 2018

Please review the already posted answers.

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 20 December 2018

Dear Amine,

I use code Block ,this is the message I received

Someone can help me? With some tips, comments?

Best regrads,

SERRARE

30/5000

abenhadj posted this 20 December 2018

There are a few threads covering compilers on here, please have a look in

https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/ansys-19-0-visual-studio-intel-parallel-studio-xe-version-required-for-upfs/

I am not sure if codeblock will work and it is not supported

Or try to interpret in Fluent.

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 22 December 2018

Dear friend,

I installed Visual studio 2013 for ANSYS 17.0 but the problem remains the same.

Best regards,

SER

abenhadj posted this 03 January 2019

Please compile from the visual studio command prompt and check again (drag the fluent launcher icon into vs command prompt). Perhaps the three environment variables (path , include and lib) are not set properly.

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 04 January 2019

Dear Amine,

Thank you, my system consists of the following:

- Microsoft Windows 10 x64

- ANSYS Fluent 17.0 x64

- Microsoft Visual Studio express_2015_for_windows_desktop_x86_x64_web_installer_6846484

I tested VS and received :

but I don't know is it good or bad.

Best regards,

SER

abenhadj posted this 05 January 2019

Start Fluent from the VS command prompt and try compiling.

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 05 January 2019

Dear Amine,

is it necessary to install studio SDK  ?

Best regards,

SER

abenhadj posted this 06 January 2019

Actually not for x64 VS versions . I installed some weeks ago the developer builds of vs 2017 and it worked like a charm. Please check my last post as well as this discussion https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/ansys-19-0-visual-studio-intel-parallel-studio-xe-version-required-for-upfs/

Best regards,

Amine

abenhadj posted this 06 January 2019

Check if you have x64 command prompt in your VS start programmes and start Fluent from it

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 09 January 2019

Dear Amine,

When i tried to compile the program with visual studio the compiler declares a lack of library udf.h so do i have to create a library? If yes, how ? and how can I share this library between Fluent and VS?

Best regards,

SER

abenhadj posted this 09 January 2019

You need to start Fluent out of the VS command prompt (x86_x64 Cross Tools Command Prompt). You will compile from ANSYS Fluent.

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 10 January 2019

Dear Amine,

What is libudf ? how do I create ?

Best regards,

SER

abd fs posted this 12 January 2019

Dear friends,

I'm using :

Windows 10 64bit

ANSYS17.0  64bit

en_visual_studio_community_2015_with_update_3_x86_x64_web_installer_8922963

en_visual_studio_2015_sdk_x86_x64_6846633

environment variables:

include

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A

lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\lib\amd64 ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\lib\x64

Path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\amd64 ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE ; C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v170\fluent\ntbin\win64 

but unfortunately the problem remained the same

are these environments correct?

abenhadj posted this 13 January 2019

Once again start Fluent from x86_64 command prompt of VS and try to compile the UDF there (in the ANSYS Fluent started from the x_86_64 prompt).

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 13 January 2019

Dear Amine,

Thank you for your answer, but I have already followed your advisor(start Fluent from x86_64 command prompt) but the error remains the same.

if you can, is the environment that I have already indicated correct?

Best regards,

SER

abenhadj posted this 14 January 2019

If you still have problems running from the x86_64 then it means that you still have compiler issues. Make a clear uninstall and install once again with explicit admin rights.  For VS 2015 you do not require to install the SDK.

VS will input what it requires into lib, include and path. If compilation is successful then you just append lib, path and include from the CMD of x86_64 into the lib, include and path from windows env variables under control panel.

Best regards,

Amine

abd fs posted this 14 January 2019

Hello Amine

I already uninstalled and installed VS, and I tested "Hello" in the VS and showed it. VS is well installed, but the problem remains the same.

My environment variables:

include

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\include ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A

lib

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\lib\amd64 ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\lib\x64

Path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\amd64 ; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE ; C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v170\fluent\ntbin\win

I found this environment recommended by people who had the same problem as me

As I noticed there is a difference. Are there solutions?

Best regards,

SER

The worakround is to type env from x86_64 CMD of VS and then append the include, lib and path here to the include, lib and path in the control panel env. variables. You need to check if the latter do contain similar things as this might lead to inconsistency. 

That is why check at first what do the env variables from control panel contain.

Best regards,

Amine

Dear Amine,

In the program files, I can not find include and lib in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\(....) I think the problem comes from here.

Best regards,

SE

SDK is actually not required whenever VS 2015 is used. However in the some instances the 65-bit SDK must be installed separately. After you install the compiler, open up Control Panel, Programs and Features. Select your 2015 compiler to modify the installation. Select Visual C++, Common Tools…, etc.

Best regards,

Amine

Dear Amine,

If possible what is a libudf.dll file? What does this file contain? And how can I create this file?

I think the problem comes from this file !

I think all files are well installed

Best regards,

SE

Please answer the questions so that we might help.

Did you start FLUENT from the VS prompt? Did you compile the UDF? Which messages are you now receiving?

Best regards,

Amine

Dear Amine, 

Thank you,

Did you start FLUENT from the VS prompt? YES

Did you start FLUENT from the VS prompt? I cant compile the UDF because I received this message

Best regards,

SE

First of all to avoid any misunderstanding issues:

My compiling process for Fluent UDFs with an existing library loaded:

1) Define > User-Defined > Functions > Manage...

2) Select existing library and click "Unload"

3) Define > User-Defined > Functions > Compiled...

4) Click "Add..." if there are other source files required (Fluent reads in a new version of the file regardless of whether or not you delete then add the same source file)

5) Build then Load

If this is not working then there are still issues regarding environment variables and /or installation. Please check with your IT as the procedure is straightforward.

1/Clean-up everything: uninstall all VS distribution you have.

2/Run as admin VS installation

3/Start Fluent from VS x86_64 prompt. Here Fluent would compile.

4/Step 3 can be avoided by just appending the output of include, path and lib variables from "env" in the VS prompt into the control panel env. variables.

Best regards,

Amine

ok

Dear Amine,

if you allow, you said this sentence

My compiling process for Fluent UDFs with an existing library loaded:

how did you create this library ?

Best regards,

SE

Show More Posts