How to get ultimate deflection and ultimate load for RCC beam?
Ultimate load and Ultimate deflection
- 168 Views
- Last Post 16 July 2018
Softening behavior refers to the damage that occurs in the stress-strain behavior of a concrete material. Please go through this article for some additional description.
Now, when you have this behavior included you would see a load vs deflection as discussed in this paper, which helps you determine the ultimate load vs deflection.
Hope this helps.
These values correspond to what is in the TB command. So depending on that, the TBDATA would point to different material parameters such as poisons ratio, yield stress etc. Now in your case, it looks like 1 corresponds to the first data point and 0.3 to the poisson's ratio. Checkout this part of the manual for understanding material data tables.
Start by learning how to create a RCC beam in ANSYS with the proper material properties that will provide the softening behavior that will deliver an ultimate load point in the load-deflection curve.
Here is a good discussion on concrete models.
Here is a post with links to three discussions on SOLID65.
Load Vs Deflection curve is linear. Where have I gone wrong? Could you please tell me what do you mean by softening behavior?
Could you please explain what does tbdata 1,0.3,1,0.304,4.278 mean in the list of commands mentioned in one of those links that you shared ?
Thank you Peter. I have now understood the meaning of tb. But those values aren't still clear to me. What do those values (1,0.3 and so on) represent?
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Problem with the Student Version
- 4 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type
- 5 Steel Structures Fire Test Simulation