I am simulating a metal sheet plate case with one end fixed using a cylindrical support alike cantilever i successfully applied all the boundary condition sbut if fails too solve with the following error message.What should i do?Pls see screenshot
Unable to solve in mechanical static structural
- 252 Views
- Last Post 18 August 2018
- Topic Is Solved
1) Remove the distributed mass. You can have the same effect by increasing the density on the material to create the extra mass on the bed frame part.
2) Which face is the Fixed Support scoped to?
Under Analysis Settings
3) Turn on Large Deflection
4) Auto Time Stepping set to On
5) Initial Substeps 50
If you get another error, under Solution Information show a screenshot of the Force Convergence Plot.
6) Show the faces used to connect the long cylinder to the bed frame in the Contact definition, which I assume was Bonded.
7) Insert a Contact Tool under the Connections folder and Generate Initial Contact Status and show a screen shot of that table.
8) Replace the solid bodies with surface bodies and mesh with shell elements instead of solid elements.
Ok removed the mass setting.
Substep 50 is not accepting it shows a yellow sign.See it solves but look at the project tree it shows some different green sign tell me why please?
Initial Substeps have to be < Maximum Substeps, so make Max Substeps 500.
You did a Background Solve instead of a Solve using the pulldown next to Solve. Just RMB on Solution and Get Results.
How many faces are you applying pressure to? If you apply it on opposite sides, then it just cancels out and the net force is zero.
i dont know how it happened the RMB solution i just didnt intend to do it.What should i do to restore the default settings as earlier and want to see the reults as itis by default.
i am applying pressure on the all sides front back and the two side faces
peter i am not able to get results even after clicking right mouse button?How should i get back to my older result form where it gets a green ticked mark pls explain
RMB on Solution and Clear Generated Data.
Click on the Solve pull-down. There are usually two choice:
- My Computer and
- My Computer, Background.
Select My Computer to solve normally.
However, the Solver Output shows that you are not connected to the License Server
You have to fix that before you can solve. First thing to try is Restart your computer.
However, that may not fix anything because of the problems described in this thread.
Please show a screen snapshot of the License Status.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback