Hi everyone, i want to apply a fix force in 4 hours to one beam,i dont know how to work with transient structure.would you help me?
uniform force in long period of time
- 47 Views
- Last Post 01 June 2018
Since you mention 4 hours, this implies that inertial forces are insignficant so you can run this model in a Static Structural system. You only need to use Transient Structural if the accelerations get high enough where the inertia forces on the mass become significant.
You need to create a material with a viscoelastic or viscoplastic behavior to build a model that simulates the creep that occurs when a constant force is applied for a period of time.
Do you have experimental creep data from a material sample? That is most important.
hi peter, im working with a pressure vessel that works in specific working cycle:
1) 4 hours takes that its pressure become 0 to 103 Mpa
2) 4 hours holds 103 Mpa
3) 5 hours takes that its pressure beacome 103 Mpa to 0
i dont know how simulate this in static stractural or other parts
can u help me?
plz explain in simple mode im new with ansys.tnx
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
- 1 Fluent wave elevation
- 2 Can't manage to make a gear analysis to work from a Solidworks assembly
- 3 Hello, as I said before I am continuing with one design of a part of an moto-engine and now 1
- 4 Bolt pretension causes high compressive stress exceeding UTS but deformation is only 0.2mm
- 5 Drop test, 16kg kettlebell onto a floor tile