Unknown error during solution on Ansys Student 19.1

• Last Post 13 May 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
Claudia posted this 03 May 2019

Hello!

I am trying to do a Steady-State Thermal analysis in Ansys 19.1.

I have a geometry imported from a .igs file from a SolidWorks assembly, that has 3 differentiated parts with 3 different materials. One of them is a xip that generates an internal flux of 4750000 W/m^3 (ramped) and i have put all the contour conditions (contact with water and air in some parts of the geometry). The problem is that when I try solving to know what happens in the differents geometries and edges it shows me this error: An unknown error occurred during solution.  Check the Solver Output on the Solution Information object for possible causes. But I don't see anything that can give me a clue there... Would you mind giving me some help?

Thank you!

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
pgl posted this 03 May 2019

Hi Claudia, 

My best guess is that the imported *.IGS geometry needs some clean up. There might be a discontinuity in the geometry like an open face/edge somewhere that the solver doesn't know what to do with, or maybe the parts haven't got all of their contact surfaces etc defined?  

Since you have Solidworks, you can try exporting the geometry in the Parasolid format, this is the *.x_T file type. Parasolid is generally more robust than *.IGS. and you can import that directly into the ANSYS Student product using either DesignModeler or SpaceClaim.  

Can you try that & report back. Also post some screenshots to help the community to get more context if the problem. 

Regards,

Paul.

NiranjanT posted this 03 May 2019

i am facing an issue while meshing, the system says "plugin error: attach failed", "failed to import the geometry", the geometry was created in spaceclaim 19.2.

pgl posted this 03 May 2019

Hi NiranjanT,

There are a number of post on this topic in the Student Community that may help.

See here:

In future can you please start a fresh post for new topics rather than replying to an existing post relating to a different topic! 

Regards,

Paul.

divu25 posted this 08 May 2019

helloo,, previously i install ansys 18.2 student then uninstall.now when i again install it.some fatal error is came.it is not open .please help.

how to solve

rwoolhou posted this 08 May 2019

divu25: Please post a new thread in the installation area of the Community.  

mrife posted this 09 May 2019

Claudia

Does the solver start at all?  That is, is there any information in the Solution Information; Solver Output?  Mike

• Liked by
  • Claudia
Claudia posted this 13 May 2019

Hi! Sorry for answering so late, I had forgotten my username 😅. It was a problem with the geometry: it looked like it had all the contacts well defined (even in Ansys!) but it was not the case. Thank you all!

pgl posted this 13 May 2019

So glad that you got this all sorted out Claudia, and thanks so much for letting us know.  

Paul.

Close