I am trying to use an outlet profile as inlet BC for a RANS simulation (turbulence modell: Reynolds-Stress, stress-omega) in a backward-facing step using Fluent 19.0. I have the coordinates, all velocity components, pressure, turbulent kinetic energy, turb dissipation rate, specific dissipation rate and Reynolds stresses exported from an earlier simulation.
After reading the profile, using it in the inlet boundary condition and initializing the simualtion I checked the contours at the inlet and received the following errors:
1. x,y,z-velocities are lower than in my exported profile (e.g. max velocity in the profile file was 0.46m/s in Fluent it is now 0.4 m/s)
2. tke, sdr, tdr and Reynolds stresses are not shown as a profile but as a constant value over the inlet (this value is again lower than in the profile data)
3. Reynolds-stresses uv, vw, uw are set to 0
I have checked the coordinate system, the units and the velocity vectors, all seems fine.
Have you had this error before? Do you know what could be wrong?
This is how I do it:
1. old simulation: Boundary conditions > Profiles > write > choose surface and variables
2. new simulation: Boundary conditions > Profiles > Read Profile > choose .prof file
3. set velocity-inlet: velocity specification method: Components (choose x,y,z velocities from profile); turbulence specification mehtod: k and epsilon (choose k and epsilon from profile); Reynolds-stress specification method: Reynolds-stress-components (choose stresses from profile)
Thanks a lot for your help!