Hi, I am recently learning how to analyse harmonic response analysis of viscoelastic sandwich structures, i.e, viscoelastic layer in between two plates but i dont know how to start it in ansys workbench. Can anyone give me some guidance (step by step) or tutorials on this subject, if any. Thanks
Viscoelastic sandwich plate
- 55 Views
- Last Post 13 October 2018
This discussion talks about different ways to model a sandwich structure.
This issue for viscoelastic materials is they are nonlinear and the harmonic response analysis is limited to linear materials so you will be forced to run simulations in Transient Structural and extract time history data and manually create the harmonic response that is automated in the harmonic response analysis.
Please reply with details about the viscoelastic sandwich, the kinds of structures you want to analyze, the range of frequencies you want to study.
Thank you so much for your help. Yeah, actually i want to analyze viscoelastic sandwich, in which the face sheets are steel and viscoelastic material, such as neoprene is constrained. The range of frequencies can be any range, because i just want to go through the entire modeling to results steps, i.e, for understanding how to analyze it in ansys.
Thanks Sandeep, i checked it but these don't cover the topic on Viscoelastic sandwich.
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Product and CAD Configuration Manager - No Products Displayed
- 2 student v 19.2 quits right after loading
- 3 Mass flow inlet in Eulerian VOF model
- 4 How to define Boundary Conditions for my complex model (and how to unite the similar geometries)
- 5 SpaceClaim - The geometry editor was closed abnormally.