I am creating a model in ANSYS mechanical APDL by writing a script containing DO loops, for the purposes of automating it. It's purpose is to create about 3600 holes in a square plate. The script works. When it starts working, it is quick but as it progresses, it slows down and comes to a point when APDL stops responding. NOTE: The issue is with ASBA command which is used as a boolean operation to remove/subtract smaller areas from the square shaped area, creating holes. On repetitive use of this command, I see that APDL slows down as it goes ahead in the process of creating holes. There is no issue with memory in the system as I am running it on a 32 GB ram system and it occupies only 6-8 GB memory at a time. Also, I have about 1.5 TB free space when I am running it. Any suggestions to solve this issue are welcome. Thanks!
Why does it slow down while automating geometry creation with repetitive use of ASBA?
- 82 Views
- Last Post 27 March 2018
- All Categories
- Community Rules, Guidelines, and Tips
- News & Announcements
- Student Products
- Pre and Post Processing
- Physics Simulation
- Tutorials, Articles and Textbooks
- Installation and Licensing
- Student Competition Teams
- eMasters Degree from UPM
- Site Feedback
This Weeks High Earners
- 1 Hi, I have a problem to install the license and see my problem, I am sure you can help me. Thanks
- 2 Could not connect to license server: 54529@localhost The handle is invalid. .
- 3 Structural-Thermal analysis error : element type
- 4 Steel Structures Fire Test Simulation
- 5 Fatigue Analysis using History Data